Dentistry has really changed. For years, we had to use gooey impression materials in order to capture impressions of teeth in order to fabricate crown, bridges, implants etc. Well, times have changed...
Today, we are introducing our new scanner, Trios, as an addition to our already state of the art dental practice. This is how it works:
- We traditionally prepare your tooth for a crown, bridge, implant or any other type of dental restoration.
- Instead of taking multiple impressions, we now just use our intraoral video camera to scan your teeth in just a few seconds.
- The computer takes the scanned images and creates both your upper and lower jaw as well as your bite.
- This information is then sent via the Internet to our lab.
- The lab uses the digital information to create your new restoration.
- At your next visit we insert your new restoration, take an x-ray to verify its accuracy and then finalize it with the appropriate cementation.
This is all done using the best materials, the most accurate scanner and the finest laboratory techniques.
The advantage is increased accuracy and no GOOEY impressions.
If you have any questions or would like a brief tour of our scanning equipment, just give us a call.